1) I’m a really bad housewife.
2) Did I mention that I’m not good with the cleaning and organizing stuff?
3) I don’t do the main grocery shopping. My husband does it once a week at Costco.
4) When my kids were small I had daycare at least twice a week so I could write.
5) Once a week I pick up my friend’s kids from school and they stay with me, and once a week she picks in my kids and keeps them until dinner. That gives me a whole day uninterrupted to write. The other days, I’m still on the hook to drive to after school activities and help with homework.
6) When I’m on deadline, I usually don’t go to bed for several days.
7) I have been known to write from 11 p.m.-2 a.m.
8) Sometimes I will go to bed early and get up at 5:00 a.m. to write.
9) I have no interest in home decor or decorating.
10) I own a rice cooker and cook 3 cups of rice at once so I have rice for a couple of meals.
11) I start my meals about 30 minutes before it’s eating time. I use our outdoor grill to cook salmon or the like and steam veggies. Fresh but nothing fancy.
12) I try to get my kids into carpools.
13) I have someone who cleans the house once a week for four hours. This saves my marriage.
Okay, I want to hear from you. How do you find time to write? Paint? Draw? Read? Etc.?
p.s. This isn’t my real messy closet. But it might as well be. I’m too embarrassed to show you my really messy closet. But I wanted to give you the idea.