I’m not always an acrobat. But it’s something I’m always working on–balancing motherhood and parenting. Recently, I was blown off course. I was so busy that I found myself not having time to read to my first grader at night. Not good! I have been re-correcting over the past couple of weeks. Here are six ways that I do balance things and that have worked for me:
1) Work out of the house as much as possible–Now I teach my graduate classes online so I don’t need to leave the house.
2) Dovetail what I’m doing with my children’s developmental growth. I’m now writing books that mirror the ages of my children so that as I write I can ask their opinions (all of the time and include them in my business life). When they were 7, I wrote chapterbooks, when they were tweens I wrote tween books and now that I have teens I’m writing teen books.
3) Never take calls during meals.
4) Reserve one day during the weekend to be with my children and not do work (two if possible).
5) Work alongside my children as they do homework.
6) As needed I have homeschooled my children to allow more together time. We do work side by side.
What works for you?
With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My website has a lot of unique content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being ripped off? I’d definitely appreciate it.